Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Second Season

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted anything on this blog. I've been super busy with Sean's season and have been without a desktop/modem for about two weeks now too. But I'm sitting in a bookstore that has free wifi and figured I should update!

So, here we are. In the midst of the Playoffs. They call this hockey's "second season". I have wondered why that is. Now I know. The Flyers were unsure of the their playoff status until the last game on the last day of the regular season. It came down to a shoot out. Lundqvist versus Boucher. One goalie, one shooter. Boucher bested the Rangers on the third shooter and the Wach went nuts!!!!!

Then we faced the NJ Devils in the first round. We won the first game! WooHoo! We thought we had it locked up...we did. But it took 5 games to do it! But even still. It took 7 games to determine who we would play in the next round. Much to our surprise the 8th-seed Canadiens beat the 1st-seed Capitals and we're now playing the Bruins! That hasn't happened since 1978! I hope we have better luck that the 77-78 Flyers who lost that series in 5 games.

I guess anything can happen in the Playoffs. THAT's why it's the Second Season. It's ANYBODY's Cup!

In mini-mites news: Sean is an injured scratch for at least the next three weeks with a fractured arm.
He fell while skating and sure enough, it's broken. He went to practice/game Friday night in a show of support for his team. He even had some of his team mates sign his cast.

No comments: