Monday, December 14, 2009

A Slump, A Shock & A ShakeUp!

Wow! A trip to DisneyWorld and the whole world falls apart!

The Flyers had begun their losing streak before we left. It's been a disappointing season thus far, even though it looked to have such promise back in October. It's been hard to watch these games lately. I've never seen Jack so vocal at a game as I have recently.

The Shock came when we got word in Florida (in the Happiest Place on Earth) that Stevens had been fired! Well, someone's head had to roll for the FlyGuys performance. There's been lots of talk about where the ax should have fallen. I say, a body is only as good as it's head. The ax fell justly in my opinion.

The ShakeUp is yet to come, I think. I have a feeling there's going to be some restructuring after the holidays and I'm thinking some of it will definitely involve key players. We haven't seen the chemistry this season that we saw last season with the Carter, Hartnell, Lupul line. I WISH we had a line like that. The only line I can see some real movement, spirit and life from is the LaPerriere, Laliberte line. They've seen a good amount of starting time too!

In local news, Sean's glad to be back to the ice. He was having major hockey withdrawal symptoms being in Disney for 5 whole days with NO hockey whatsoever! I'm sure it was driving him nuts and he was relieved to be back at home with his roller blades and ice skates and sticks and pucks and hockey cards and helmets and pads and....well, you get the point. Sean also got to have an incredible birthday! Back on December 1st was the annual Season Ticket Holder Meet the Team event. He got autographs from nine of his favorite players and some "Happy Birthdays" from Jeff Carter and Danny Briere! The best birthday EVER! Oh, and at the game before we left for Florida, he was selected as the Birthday of the Game and recieved a fun pack from the Flyers! Cool!

We'll have to see what the week brings for the Orange and Black. Tonight they had a win against Boston in a Winter classic preview. They have some tough games ahead though including a Home and Home against Pittsburgh. I'm hoping to see some real effort and improvement as I'm sure the rest of the fans are.

No comments: