Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting Ready

Shorts, cup, shin pads, hockey socks, elbow pads, chest protector, jersey, helmet, mouthguard, skates, gloves...I know we're missing something...OMG! I forgot his stick! Sean says, "that's ok, Mom. We'll just go home and get it." Uh, no son, I won't be driving another 40 minutes through rush hour traffic all the way home just to get your stick! We'd never make it back in time for practice...

Thank God for the pro shop and my ability to find a bargain...$14.99 for a wood stick, yup! They'll cut it down while he gets dressed...Awesome! My taping job...not so much!


This is why God made DADS!!!! I shouldn't be handling my son's CUP!!!

Anyway, thanksfully we're just starting this (very expensive and time consuming) trip. My son is just 5 and has only been skating for 8 months. He LOVES hockey though. He's been shooting pucks since he could walk. He turns on the NHL network on a Saturday morning before Spongebob. He talks trades with the neighbors, goes to games and doesn't even care who's playing. He's a "hockey fan, Mom".

We've done Learn to Skate 1, Hockey 2, Flyers Future Stars program at the rink, and most recently we're about to finish his first summer 3 on 3 CrossIce program. The countdown will then begin...September 18th at 5 pm..."try outs" for the house limited travel team. I'm not nervous at all....

Not nervous at all.....

No comments: